Never Quit and Never Give Up

Having a Winners Mindset is so important to succeeding in life. Life has thrown many obstacles in my way as I’m sure it has down the same to so many of you. 

We all face a time where we want to give up and it’s at time making a decision that you will find the strength to Never Quit and Never Give Up will make the difference in the outcome of your life. 




Life is funny and sometimes when you are on a roll and you expect everything is going to work out you  may experience the opposite. I had that time in my life. 


Let me share a story. I was living in NYC and I had been working for the US Post Office as a Mail Handler for over 5 years on the midnight shift. I came across a flyer for a Tony Robbins UPW Firewalk weekend seminar and I signed up for it. That Friday night along with over 1,000 people I walked across hot coals on 34th Street. I can only say that experience and the weekend changed my life. I returned to work that night and decided to quit my job and to pursue my dreams. I learned so many new ideas and empowering beliefs that I felt I was unstoppable and I was fired up with energy to change my life. 



I started to make plans to pursue my dreams and I had never felt so confident and powerful that I was on a fast track to success. And then life threw a series of curveballs at me that I never expected. The first one was getting rear ended by a drunk driver and having my car totalled and getting my back injured but luckily not too badly. 


The next curveball was a financial one. I quit the Post Office and was unable to replace my income and started to scramble and I used up all my credit cards, I was a month away from being evicted. And if that wasn’t bad enough a dear friend and former girlfriend was dying with AIDS so I started spending as much time as I could with her. 


I was struggling to make sense out of why this was all happening and wondering if I made the wrong decision by quitting the Post Office and I was wondering if I should give up and quit my crazy pursuit of my dreams. 


But in the middle of that I reframed what was happening to me and I began to see it as a test of my commitment to my dreams. I started to see it as God was having a laugh at me being a little cocky that I could achieve my dreams overnight. 


I came across this quote


“Come to the edge," he said.
"We can't, we're afraid!" they responded.
"Come to the edge," he said.
"We can't, We will fall!" they responded.
"Come to the edge," he said.
And so they came.
And he pushed them.
And they flew.”


I chose to adopt this belief that I would go to the edge and I would fly. So after I attended my friends funeral I got a ride two weeks later to California with $100 to start my new life. 

I was afraid but I decided I would Never Give Up I Would Never Quit and while it took longer that I wanted I was able to turn everything around and pursue and achieve many of my dreams. And the journey continues and I suggest you make the same choices in your life.

Comments